Business cards are over 600 years old, but are they still relevant today?
This is one of the most common questions asked via Google and social media, second to “Do I need business cards” on this topic. The answer is yes, to both.
Business cards will likely always be relevant, especially for consumers who aren’t invested in social media or when you’re attending relevant events.
Surprisingly though, it’s much deeper than this. There are plenty of statistics which elaborate on not only why business cards are important, but the direct impact they have on sales and brand first impressions.
So, let’s dive more into why you need business cards and what they can do for your brand.
4 reasons people still use business cards:
- Everyone you meet will not have or use social media regularly.
- They’re the easiest way to connect new leads with your brand.
- Business cards display professionalism, letting others know how seriously you take your brand.
- Business cards remind online shoppers of where they ordered from, making it easier for them to give you referrals.
9 facts on how business cards can benefit you:
- 72% of potential shoppers judge the legitimacy of your company by the professional quality of your business cards.
- The majority of all business owners state that business cards are a necessity for mar, advertising, networking and brand introduction.
- 40% of all consumers will not do business with you if your business cards look cheap, half done and rushed. So, they’re worth investing and taking with with.
- Creative business cards have only been a thing since the 2000’s. Up until now, they were standard square font with varying changes in font type and format. Now, you have dozens of paper and material options and endless design concept opportunities with custom business card services.
- Over 10 billion business cards are printed annually in the US, but 66% of them are thrown away within the first 7 business days. This is primarily due to lack of personalization and colors; both of which are easily fixable.
- 82% of consumers want to see fun and creative Business cards that stand out in a stack, it’s what makes your brand unforgettable.
- You can track the effectiveness of your business cards by adding a QR code with an exclusive discount code to them. Every time someone checks out, you’ll know if it came from this compact marketing tool.
- How to hand off your business cards can be more impactful than the business cards themselves. So take some time to develop your elevator pitch. This can stop your cards from being thrown away too quickly.
- Your business cards are 100 times more likely to be kept and safely stored if you add color to them and make them relevant to your shoppers.
In short, business cards are a powerful and affordable marketing tool every business should use. The key to actually benefiting here, is to develop a strategy for passing them out.
We always recommend using standard business cards for events and random networking opportunities. Then, using personalized business cards for orders with loyal customers, making their experience exclusive and unforgettable.
If you have any questions, we’re happy to help. Start by booking your complimentary branding consultation to learn how business cards can help take your brand to the next level.